Sunday, July 10, 2011

I might feel in charge, but God is in control

Sooooo I have been really bouncing around some pretty intense stuff going on in my life, trying to make sense of life and how to deal with these decisions that are coming up in my life. Well, I feel God has really been talking to me recently, and I wanna share it, since I haven't blogged in, ummm idk like 1 1/2 months. So, I have had a big realization recently, and it has been fed by scripture. Well, I went to Buckhead church with some friends today, and heard a scripture that was ground shattering to me. John 6:68 says, "Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.""

This passage is speaking volumes to me. You know, when we fall away from God, who do we turn to? We turn to things of the world. Things that are not Holy. I have found myself in the past 'turning away' from God, but never asking where I turn. and I am realizing that as I turn from God, every time I have turn to sin. and that's not good.

I am realizing that I am growing up, and in this growing learning about my relationship with God and Jesus, and realizing that it is a really big idea to call yourself a true Christian and on top of that, one day being a preacher. Those are REALLY REALLY big shoes. So, I am realizing that by committing myself to be a true man of God, I really need to make some strong and real changes. Moving away from this world of sin, and moving into what God needs of me.

Piece of advice: When things get way to overwhelming, throw it into the air and never let your praying knees get lazy.

Be Back Later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment