Friday, April 15, 2011

4/15/2011

So I can just title this blog as the date, because so much has happened today. So let's have a run over.

-Had a very interesting religion class every.
-Came home and brought my boy Ray with me.
-Got a shout-out from my bro during his ball game.
-Chillin at Grammy's.

now for details on my day:

1.Religion.
we talked about who deserves to go to Heaven. I mean is it really just of us ,as people, to say we deserve Heaven to say who does and doesn't get into Heaven. I mean I know that our religious book says we can only get into heaven through living like Jesus and having faith that he is the son of God and the stuff from the new testament, but have you ever thought that people of other religions believe that they got it right. So why can't we all- go to our different places of religious loyalty and co-exist under one almighty God who rules all. My God, a God of love and forgivingness, wouldn't want to banish anyone to Hell, so why would he? I mean i am a Christian and Do believe in God The Father and Jesus being the son of God, by why can't these other people be right too. And live in the Heaven their religion preached to them?

Just sayin.

2.Home.
I love going home. Its amazing here. I love it so much. I got my friend Ray to come up with me and we have been having a great time.

3.My Brother.
So my brother had his senior night tonight, and under people who inspire him, he says me. He says that I show him true happiness and how to be a happy guy (or something like that). i just wanted to let my blog readers know that I truly Love my brother so much and think he is an amazing guy and the best little brother a guy could ask for. i love you D Hays. #7 you are the best. :)

4.Grammy's.
So I love Grammy's. that's that.

Hit me up.

Be Back Later :)

4 comments:

  1. Yikes, Kev. Not even close bud. I'm not mad at all, but I do want us to chat somtime so I can explain to you what the Bible says and why this isn't true. I know these kinds of liberal views make us feel good, but unfortunately our faith isn't about feeling good. It's about TRUTH. Biblical truth. We don't want to think of anyone going to hell, but it happens, even to people who think they are Christians (Bible says there are many people who will cry out Lord, Lord,but God will tell them he never knew them (Matt 7:22-23). It's not God sending those people to hell. He doesn't want to be a controlling God, and he gives us all free choice whether or not to accept Him. That's also why the Great Commission is in the Bible (Matt 28) that calls us to go & share the Gospel with other nations. There IS ONLY one way to Heaven....through Jesus Christ (John 14:6). It's important for you to know the truth, and the whole co-existence idea is false...

    By the way, it's also important to truly know the Bible and understand other religions as well, so you can understand why we believe what we believe and defend our faith. It's called apologetics...check out carm.org. Love ya bud! Call me if you ever wanna talk about this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Danielle, my only problem is that the parallels between the 3 major world religions. And that these religions, in their religious doctrines, worship the God of Abraham. And believing that Jewish people and Muslims are not going to A religious place is kinda crazy. I know that going to the afterlife in Christianity is only through Jesus Christ, but is it fair to say that these religions are totally wrong. I mean why can't they be right, and be God's way of getting people into Heaven who can't understand Christianity, because of social, political, or economical reasons. And this isn't anything that a liberal professor said to me, or something like that. It's a view I just want to believe. Why can't it be right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bud-
    There is a scripture that describes Satan and makes him sound SO beautiful and attractive, which is why his ways are often alluring to us. That's what this sounds like is going on here. You're right, Islam & Judaism do have some similarities to Christianity, but the fact is the Bible says the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. It's black and white in the Word. It doesn't say "and also Allah and Buddha"... It would be nice to think it's like co-existence is acceptable to God, but that's not what our Bible tells us. If that were the case, Matt 28 would only be talking about non-Chrstians, which is not the case. We could tell people to just choose any religion, they all lead to the same place.

    Have you studied what all these religions believe in their afterlife? Some don't even believe in a Heaven or Heaven-type afterlife.

    And does this mean you ONLY think the 3 religions who parallel Christianity are going to Heaven? What about the many other world religions... Taosim, Sikhism, Confucianism, Buddhism, whose views do not parallel ours? Many of these religions have some views that do not even align with what we can call good human values. Speaking of, did you know that in Islam people are instructed and called to kill themselves and innocent men, women, and children in the name of allah? You mentioned fair...that doesn't sound fair to me. And doesn't sound like anything our God would want from us. So there are similarities, but our beliefs are NOT the same. They teach their people to HATE Christians, while we our called to LOVE...which is the second greatest commandment, to love others.

    Christianity is not just available to people whose government's allow it, are smart enough to understand it, or have enough money. We have several missionaries who go to the poorest of poor countries, or even Communist countries, in which many people either already were or convert to Christianity. They claim they know God exists because of nature....the beauty in it, how it works, etc. This is why we are called to GO and make disciples of ALL nations.

    God is not the author of confusion. (Satan is.) You can believe what you want, but what you're stating here is NOT Christian beliefs and in no way lines up with our Bible. You can't say "I'm a Christian but I don't believe the Word of God." God cannot lie. The Bible is the God-breathed, infalliable, perfect Word of God, sharper than any double-edged sword, and it is supposed to be our guide for how to lead our life and what we believe.

    Like I said, you can believe what you want, but let me encourage you to get back in church (Heb 10:25), study and read the word daily, and pray about this issue. The Holy Spirit will reveal the truth to you. Also, talk to a few preachers and see what they say. It's a nice thought, but it is NOT Biblical truth and does NOT line up with what we believe.

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Danielle, like I said in my first post, this is my opinion and you have yours. And i'm going to stick with mine.

    ReplyDelete